top of page

A brief history...


Inhabited since the Roman era, Baronville was first a stronghold meant to protect the Voise Valley.


In 1623, the Montescot family built a "chateau de plaisance" on the site of the original fortress. This passed into the hands of the Lattaignant family through marriage; the earldom of Baronville was then acquired in 1783 by the Marquis d'Aligre, the President of the Parisian parliament.


In 1868, his great grandson the Marquis de Pomereu d’Aligre, demolished the original chateau in order to build the current one, to host grand bals during the luxurious Second Empire.


During the 20th century, the chateau lived through the trials of war and military occupations, until the Count and Countess Bertrand de Rougé, descendants of the previous owners, started restoring the chateau and decided to open it mainly to romantic weddings.

It is now owned by their son and his wife Count and Countess Aymeric de Rougé, who are passionately restoring and preserving this historic estate for future generations.

bottom of page