From the Roman Empire to the Counts de Rougé
Inhabited since the Roman era, Baronville was first a stronghold meant to protect the Voise Valley.
In 1623, the Montescot family built a "chateau de plaisance" on the site of the original fortress. This passed into the hands of the Lattaignant family through marriage; the earldom of Baronville was then acquired in 1783 by the Marquis of Aligre, who was the President of the Parisian parliament.
In 1868, his great grandson the Marquis de Pomereu d’Aligre, destroyed the original chateau, and built the current one, in order to host grand bals during the Second Empire.
During the 20th century, the chateau lived through the trials of war and military occupation, until the Count and Countess de Rougé, descendants of the previous owners, decided to launch important restorations to preserve this historic estate for future generations.
It is now managed by their son Count Aymeric de Rougé.